Company Manual (View All)
- Introduction to CS428
- Company Layout
- Roles and Positions
Tech WriterThe technical writer is the documentation lifeline of the company. His or her realm of responsibility may encompass almost everything on the forums and the Wiki, as well as the help guides and textual content that the user sees when they use The 20-Minute Genealogist.
It is necessary for the tech writer to have full permissions to edit and organize the Wiki and Trac.
There is typically only one technical writer for the company in a given semester. Below is a list of some of the important tasks a tech writer may assist with:
- Project website management
- Document editing (not necessarily writing)
- Maintenance of announcements and communication on the Wiki
- On-going organization and refinement of the Wiki and Trac
- Movement of useful content from the forums to the Wiki
- Product documentation (internal to development as well as external to users)